Looking for a delicious Chili recipe? Try this Easy Chicken Chili Recipe and you will come back and thank me for this recipe. Full of flavor and loaded with chicken. Perfect comforting meal for that cold winter night.
The cold weather here in Michigan is finally rolling in and this Easy to make Chicken Chilli Recipe has been my go-to recipe recently. It is so comforting and filling and my kids love it. It is bursting with flavor seriously one of the best chili recipes I’ve ever had.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS EASY CHICKEN CHILI
- Rich and delicious. Made with succulent shredded chicken, chicken broth, and a host of other goodies, this Easy Chicken Chili has deep flavors that are bound to satisfy.
- An easy chili recipe. No need for a long cook, this foolproof chili is a one-pot meal that goes from pantry to table in 30 mins!
- A healthier chili. Protein-packed chicken, black beans and veggies it’s a chili that’s loaded with goodness.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Shredded chicken or turkey
- Olive oil
- Sweet onion
- Red bell pepper
- Garlic Cloves
- Diced tomatoes
- Chicken or turkey broth
- Can black beans
- Can sweet corn
- Seasoning: Chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano, chili flakes, sea salt, and pepper.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY CHICKEN CHILI
- Sauté the veggies – First, heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers, garlic, and sauté until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Cook the chili – Next, stir in beans, corn, tomatoes, broth, chicken or turkey, and spices. Lower the heat and simmer for about 12-15 minutes or until the chili thickens and flavors blend.
- Finally, garnish, serve, and enjoy!
RECIPE NOTES AND TIPS
- To save time, use a store-bought rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken that you have on hand.
- You can, of course, roast or pan fry the chicken and shred that, if you wish.
- You can sub chicken for ground turkey, or ground beef.
- Olive or avocado oil is good.
- You can use any broth you have handy.
- If you are watching your salt intake, opt for low sodium chicken broth and low sodium canned beans.
- Skip the cheese and other dairy toppings for a lactose-free option
- For a vegan option, use vegetable broth and skip the chicken.
- If topping with shredded cheese, ideally shred your own. Also, pre-shredded cheese doesn’t melt that well.
- Increase or decrease the chili flakes, depending on the spice level you’d like.